This is a Half Marathon Training Program that will begin on Wednesday, June 26th. Participants will be training for the Dutchess County Classic Half Marathon on Sun. 9/15.
This program offers 2 times a week group runs:
- Wednesday evenings at 6:00pm at Fleet Feet
- Sunday mornings at 8:00am/7:00am* at the Walkway over the Hudson
* please note that our initial runs will be at 8am however as the runs get longer and the days warmer, we will likely start to meet earlier (as early as 7am) to beat the heat!
This program will have 2 tracks:
- "Finish" for those who simply wish to complete a Half Marathon without a specific time goal
- "Fast" for those who wish to complete a Half Marathon and have a specific time goal in mind (it is recommended that you will have completed at least 2 half marathons before joining this track)
Included with the program:
- A 12 week training plan designed by an RRCA certified coach
- 2 times a week group runs
- Access to an online strength training program created by Feldman Physical Therapy (additional fee); strength training recommendations will be made in the training plan
- Private Facebook group for encouragement, motivation and camaraderie
- Custom designed team t-shirt
- An exclusive 2019 Half Marathon Finisher patch
- Experienced mentors
- Exclusive product demos & giveaways
- A Fleet Feet Sports Discount Card
- Injury prevention workshop with Feldman Physical Therapy
- Complimentary Informational Sessions including: Foam Rolling, Half Marathon Nutrition, Garmin 101, Yoga for Runners etc.
It is our primary goal for you to complete the half marathon training program successfully without any injuries. As a general guideline, by the start of the program you should be able to run 4-5 miles at a time relatively comfortably and you would ideally have a weekly base of 15-20 miles.
Training Program Costs are $150*
Early Bird (sign-up before 5/31): $135*
Fleet Feet Training Group Alumni Cost: $125*
*Please note that race fees are separate from program training costs. You will be provided with a discount code that can be used toward your race registration upon registering for the training group. The cost of the Dutchess County Classic Half Marathon is $55 before July 13th, $65 from July 14th through September 14th and $75 on race day.
Strength Training Subscription: $15 a month to be paid separately and can be canceled at anytime
If you have any questions about the program, please feel free to contact the store.
Once you are ready to register, please complete the form below.